libre.fm is a free network service that will allow users to share their musical tastes with other people.
- It should be more than just a free replacement for Last.fm
- It should have its own identity and features
But it can also have functionality that YOU want, and you can even add functionality yourself :)
Got an idea? This is a wiki -- add your ideas.
if you want to jump right into it, here is how:
How to use Libre.fm ¶
- Scrobbling - How to get started with scrobbling to libre.fm
- Using LastToLibre - How to create a dump of your last.fm listening history and import it into libre.fm
- Client support - what works, what doesn't (yet)
- Listen support - Which browser you can use to listen to Libre.fm player
Your ideas ¶
- Can/Should we use the http://openmicroblogging.org/ standard for exchanging tracks, or do we need something more personalised than that?
- A global identity system would be ideal for this, and reasonably easy to implement, login with a webid ( foaf and/or openid based ) -- tip: just have a field in the DB called "webid" now, you can populate later with claimed web/open ids.
- Offering OGG and FLAC downloads.
These are just some ideas for the categories you may want to add an idea to. Do whatever you like :)
Related projects lists projects that have similar goals or could be of use to Libre.fm.
I'm in! But where to report bugs? ¶
- Make sure that it is no client problem. You can check a client support list on this page
- The bugtracker would be a good place
Visual Appearance ¶
In the media ¶
- Matt Lee was asked by Dan Lynch of the Linux Outlaws show to give a quick interview about Libre.fm.
Join us! ¶
- IRC: irc.freenode.net -- #libre.fm
- identi.ca: http://identi.ca/mattl
- Mailing list: http://lists.autonomo.us/mailman/listinfo/libre-fm
- Group on last.fm: http://www.last.fm/group/libre.fm
- See Roadmap